We all want to feel like a leading lady in our daily lives and even more so for special occasions, but since most of our budgets don’t allow for hair, make-up and wardrobe stylists here are some award-worthy looks inspired by some of the night’s most beautiful women…
And here are some expert style tips from Naz Cupelian and Dominic Cruz to help you recreate the hair and make-up looks seen on the night’s biggest stars courtesy of Beauty Xpose:
Want Oscar-worth hair for your big night out? International Hair Artist Naz Kupelian, a member of the elite Rusk© creative design team responsible for developing the latest hair trends, gives these tips for a soft, loose look with ethereal waves (as seen on Nicole Kidman):
- Part your hair on the side, pulling it back loosely to the side with pins.
- Get waves that begin from the eyes or the chin by wetting the hair and applying gel.
- Then, comb your hair from front to back until it forms a “S” shape. Notice that the top of the hair is flat yet polished – the focus of the look is on the ends of the hair.
- Dry your hair and then brush it again – this will give you the wave look to the front pieces.
For makeup, it doesn’t matter if you’re going for smoldering or sweet – it’s all about the glow. Dominic Cruz, professional make-up artist and educational director for Kryolan Professional Makeup, says you can get your skin glistening in five easy steps:
- First properly clean the skin to remove any oil or dirt from the skin.
- Next add a daily moisturizer, wait two minutes, and apply a light coating of a silicone-based primer to even out the skin, creating a smooth and flawless surface
- For a natural look, use a tinted moisturizer, but DO NOT POWDER – it must remain dewy, which creates a healthy glow.
- For a little more coverage, try a cream foundation. Apply with a foundation brush, blot with a tissue to remove any excess, and apply a loose powder, working in small circular motion from the chin on up to the temples and down the nose. Repeat on the other side.
- For added glow, top it off with a little shimmer powder.